Albuquerque New Mexico Temple

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Past News: March 13, 2022

 I'm catching up a bit since we didn't post for so long. Our weeks have been super busy. This post is for activities in the first week of March. We’ve been spending a lot of time training for our employment responsibilities. We’re supposed to be able to help job seekers in the Albuquerque area and other areas in the Southwest. Luckily there hadn’t been many needing our help as of March but we've started to get busier. The Church has a pretty amazing website for anyone who needs help with job search skills. There are live zoom meetings with trained experts. They include help with resume writing, preparing for interviews, finding job leads. There is an Ask an Expert open forum, an Active Job Search group, and a group for those interested in starting a side business. If anyone is interested in checking out the website, it is employment.churchofjesuschrist.org. It's a pretty great website. If you follow the advice given, you will shorten your job search! 

One of the tender mercies I've received happened as I was out for a walk one morning in March. I was  walking past the row of garages in front of our apartment. There was a lady who has been working on cleaning out her garage for the last week. As I walked past, she came up to me and asked if I could use a small desk.  Then she added “that has a sewing machine in it”. She said she just wanted to get rid of it and be done cleaning out the garage.The sewing machine aspect caught my attention! I have been trying to figure out how I could get some mending and alterations done on some of my clothes. I wondered if  maybe I should see about buying a cheap sewing machine, or should I find a tailor, is there a place that rents sewing machines? I could go to one of the other senior missionaries and use hers but that wasn’t likely to happen before she went home. Anyway, this seemed to me to be an answer to a prayer. It’s a 1960 vintage Singer so I’ve had to figure out how it works. The drawers of the cabinet were full of sewing supplies and attachments for the machine. I continue to be amazed with all the blessings that come each day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment